Even the smallest changes to your kitchen will have a big effect on its appearance. Are you looking for simple and great ideas that are not only cheap, but also that you can do in a short time? Here are several quick and simple ideas that will help you turn your drab and ugly kitchen into a beautiful and unique kitchen.
* Are you tired of boring white kitchen walls that seem to have no personality? Painting is an inexpensive project that has a huge impact on the look of any room. For your first painting project, neutral colors are suggested so you don’t look dated and tire quickly.
* Seasonal changes can help brighten up any kitchen. Optimize the space in your kitchen to give it a spacious feeling by arranging the kitchen cabinets, removing some of them, as well as some decorations or opening the curtains.
* Another suggestion to brighten up your kitchen is by using mirrors to capture sunlight and bounce it around the room. For the best light distribution, place a mirror in front of a window or on a corner wall against the window wall.
* Look at various magazines, the Internet, books and TV shows to get an idea of what you would like to see in your own kitchen.
* Cookbooks are not only a good source of delicious recipes, but also great for decorating your kitchen. You can group them in interesting configurations with some standing upright and some lying down, or you can line them up in graduated sizes.
* To add color and a lived touch to a kitchen, try hanging some plants from the corners of the bare ceiling. Plants not only soften your kitchen, but also add interest. You can use real plants, or if they will be in hard-to-reach places, use silk plants instead.
* To cover up an old or mismatched floor or to add color to your kitchen, an area rug is a wonderful choice. Make sure you get the correct size for your kitchen by measuring the space where you want to place your rug. If you plan to put your area rug under the table, make sure it’s big enough to accommodate the chairs when they’re fully extended.
* Add some character to your kitchen by using strategically placed accessories. You can create a unique theme for your kitchen using potholders, salt and pepper shakers, tea towels, container sets, and toaster covers.
* Adding borders to your kitchen is another way to spice up your decor. Wallpaper borders are easy to apply and can add color and interest to your walls. Trims can be used under cabinets or on top of the wall. Use stencils and paint for an even less expensive alternative.
* Cabinet pulls come in many different styles to match your kitchen decor. They are also an inexpensive and easy way to add a whole new look to your cabinets and drawers.
Making simple changes to your kitchen décor will make a big difference in the overall appearance of your kitchen. These little ideas are not only simple and cheap, but they are also fun.